*post may not be suitable for all viewers
While on my usual hour of interweb surfing, I stumbled across this piece on thirty things every woman should know before they turn 30, and a reaction piece. While perusing the list – #6 stood out the most – A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age. I admit wholeheartedly that I tend to play it safe unless in the heat of the moment. But, for the most part, I’m a micromanaging nut.
And, because I love lists and can’t seem to go a day without one, I thought to myself “why not?”. I wholeheartedly believe – and you may disagree – that while in your 20’s the world is yours for the taking. If you’re like me, you’re away at college, you’re not married, you have enough money in your account to splurge every once in a while, and you’re at your prime. Why waste your life now, when you’re going to be burdened with it later on? “Old enough to know better, but too young to care”.
So, I present to you, my carefully crafted dirty thirty list. Although not altogether “dirty” in nature, I see it as my “before thirty bucket list” – what’s in yours?
- Color Run
- Take a cruise to Alaska (preferably the Disney kind)
- Backpack through Yosemite for a week
- Start a retirement fund (yes, a bit boring, but it’s never too early to start one)
- Get my masters (or in the process) in Historical Preservation
- snow board in another state
- buzzed, wild, passionate, animalistic, once-in-a-lifetime, sex
- Be almost debt free, whatever that means.
- learn to box
- find a way to release anger, frustration, and pent up energy (boxing?)
- Go to SD’s Comic Con
- Drive along the CA coast
- Get in the best shape possible
- Drink so much I black out
- learn to pole dance
- learn to chair dance
- Take boudoir photographs
- Become a semi-expert in wine
- Sex Marathon
- learn to surf
- cliff/rock diving/jumping
- Mardi Gras
- Hike the Grand Canyons
- Not get pregnant
- Get engaged
- Dye parts of my hair/whole head a different, drastic color (pink! purple! blue!)
- adopt a pet, whatever it may turn out to be
- Get my driver’s license
- Get properly fitted, boob-pushing, wooooowzer, bra. Maybe three?
- Do something unexpected.