Embarking on a challenge of 30 days.
I love this idea; to write on a prompt (especially if you have writer’s block, ahem) while giving insight on who you are. Although I don’t necessarily think, as much as you write about your lives online, who you are (and all the good and bad that it encompasses) will ever be fully represented. Humans are multi-faceted. Who they are at one second isn’t necessarily the same person a second later (in the same stream of thought, who you are online isn’t always the same shade you are offline). Yes, I believe that core traits such as honesty, boldness, etc. are a lot harder to change, but in the end we are all fluid & adapting. In short, a new version of “us” is always in the production line.
But enough philosophy, onto day one of the challenge: Five Ways to Win My Heart
- Know how to cook. There is nothing sexier than a wo/man than can taken charge in the kitchen. For the most part, I’m very dominant in almost all parts of my life and I will fret over if you use a pan incorrectly, add the wrong seasonings, don’t julianne the basil neatly, etc. while in the kitchen. But if you can prove that you know your way around a stove, fridge, pantry, etc. like you’re Tyler Florence and Anne Burrell’s love child, then by all means, I hope you can take me to bed you kitchen whiz, you.
- Know when to cuddle and when to get frisky. Okay, maybe I’m being a little harsh when I say that sex is on a man’s mind 24/7, but there’s a time and place for everything. If I’m visibly tired, ready for bed, and happen to be half naked, it is still not an invitation.
- Be a great conversationalist. While on a recent lunch outing with my cousin, we discussed about what we wanted to have in a partner (but I branch this out to any one I meet, now that I think about it). Flat out, I told him that even if I’m with a person that isn’t necessarily the most handsome or beautiful person in the world, so long as they could carry on an intelligent, insightful, and entertaining conversation with me, I would be oh so very happy. I’ve dated boys in the past that where cute to the tee, but that was it – they were cute. I hate to admit that I was a Shallow Hal of sorts, but now I know – at the end of the day, looks begin a relationship and conversations continue it. How does that silly quote go? “I was attracted to him/her, and then they opened their mouth” — my sentiments exactly.
- Make me laugh until snot/water/lemonade/etc. shoots out of my nostrils, I’m doubled over, and wheezing for air – not pretty, I can tell you
- Have strong (sometimes flexible) morals, standards, goals, and code of conduct that you live by each and every day – I will respect you more as a person if you know who you are, where you’re going, and how you’re going to treat the people around you as you get there. Maybe I won’t agree with them, but, so long as it’s upfront in the beginning, I’ll know how to approach you.
- *added bonus!: For the love of Cheese – please, please, please know how to spell and use grammar correctly 85% of the time. There is nothing more unappealing then overuse of slang and repeated misspelled words even after I spell it correctly for you in my response.
So, I ask you, dear reader, what are five ways to win your heart?
And thanks for stopping by! I’m not sure where I’m getting all of my visitors lately, but, it’s so nice that you’ve decided to visit 🙂